Tuesday, September 20, 2016

What Do Consumers Want?

As a consumer, I am pretty familiar with what we want. As an 18 year old female in college, I may have different wants than my uncle for example. But there is always the same central idea in what we want. Here are some examples:

I think the number one thing that we want is for businesses to listen to us. We want to be heard! We want our wants and needs to be heard and taken into consideration.
We want new ideas! Whether it be a new product to make life easier or a new company, we want something new. We(or maybe it's just me?) are tired of the norm. I love to see new things pop out on the market.
We also love it when the business gets on a personal level with us. I go to a local coffee shop, Berkeley Bob's, every Friday on my way to work. The baristas there are so nice, very personal and always ready to start a conversation with you. That is one of the reasons why I go there(also because of their great coffee!!). I love it when workers are nice to the customer. It shows that they care about the customer and their business.
Probably last, but definitely not least on my list of what a consumer wants, is having a good price that is superior to other competitors. I love getting a good deal on the stuff I buy and while the store/business may have good service, nice people, and great things I'm willing to buy, I won't think for another second if that stuff is too expensive for what it's worth...or if I can get a better deal down the road.

That's just my list of what I want as a consumer and of what I find important in the consumer relations with a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment